Sunday, June 29, 2008

God Will Provide

by Kay Heitsch

It was another beautiful day in the neighborhood. I started on my daily three-mile walk. As I usually did, I asked the Lord to bring anyone who I may help to the road. On my walk this day, a woman was waiting at the end of her driveway for me. As I walked closer, she said, "How did your house sell so fast?" I responded, " I put it in God's hands." I immediately added that putting things in God's hands doesn't always mean fast results. The last house we sold in Dover, Ohio, took two years to sell; and I also had put that one in God's hands. She smiled, and then I noticed a "For Sale" sign in her yard, too.

We talked awhile, and Sue told me that she was going through a divorce. She was apprehensive about her future. She expressed her fears about several things, one being where she would get boxes. From out of nowhere, I heard myself say, "Don't worry about boxes; God will provide you with the boxes you need just like He is going to provide them for me!" I was stunned! Where on earth had those words come from. Sue looked at me and said, "You know I have faith, but not like that!" I wasn't sure I had that much faith either, but the words were out, and I was going to believe God now.

A couple of weeks later, on my walk, I noticed a new family had moved in. Seeing their packing boxes piled out by the curb got my attention. The thought, "These are Sue's boxes," came to my mind. I walked right over to Sue's house and told her about the boxes. Excitedly I said, "Let's go over and ask if they are throwing these boxes away. If they are, we can ask them if you can have them." Sue was somewhat hesitant, but I was insistent. Sure enough, the people were happy to give the boxes to Sue, and they said she could have any others they put out. We both drove over and loaded them in. There, God had provided Sue with her boxes, but now what about mine? Sue suggested I take these boxes since I would be moving before her, but I said, "No, I believe these boxes are for you."

I wondered if I should take Sue up on her suggestion in the back of my mind. Deep in my heart, I knew the Lord would provide me with the boxes we needed too. A week before we were to move, the Lord did provide all the boxes we needed for our move. When Sue came down to say, "Good-by," I noticed that we had a few boxes left over that we didn't need. I asked the guys who were packing us if I could give Sue these extra boxes. They said, "If Roger gave them away once, he wouldn't mind giving them away again." Sue called me when she finally moved. She told me it was amazing that she had the exact number of boxes she needed for her move, with the extra ones I gave her.

That day when I said, "Don't worry about boxes, God will provide you with the boxes you need just like He is going to provide them for me!" I couldn't believe I said those words. However, the Lord gave me the faith to keep believing, and the results were terrific.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kay--I've often wondered how you have such amazing stories of how God works through you in such miraculous ways, especially when so may people have benefited from these miracles. As I just reread this story, what jumped out at me was the sentence, "As I normally did, I asked the Lord to bring anyone who I may help, to the road." I wonder how many more of us (raising hand here) could see these "everyday miracles" in our lives, and open up doors to witnessing for the Lord, if we said this prayer every morning. I've prayed this prayer before, but not regularly. It has now been added as a "staple request" in my morning prayers. Thank you for the awesome inspiration!