Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Shaken Faith

by Kay Heitsch, 

I wondered what kind of response I would receive when the local newspaper in Dover, Ohio, asked to reprint "In Loving Memory of Todd." 

A few days after the reprinting of "In Loving Memory of Todd," a letter came from a young woman who had been a high-school classmate of Todd's. She wrote that when she heard that Todd had been in a car accident, she prayed that "the Lord would do what was right for His kingdom." She felt the right thing would be that Todd would live. Later, when the young woman learned that Todd had died, she was devastated. She could not understand why God had allowed Todd to die. Because of this, she almost lost faith in God. 

Then, in the newspaper, she read the headline, "Dover Mother Finds Triumph Through Tragedy." As she read the article, Todd's young friend realized that the Lord had answered her prayer. Her letter made me do a great deal of thinking. How often have I allowed my faith to be shaken when I did not see immediate answers to my prayers? I have learned to trust God more, remembering that He will do what is best for His kingdom. * The letter "In Loving Memory of Todd" is listed in the May Archives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And think of the people who have been touched in the years after Todd's death by your sharing and writing. It really is a miraculous story.