Friday, November 15, 2013

Miracles Do Happen

by Kay Heitsch

I'd like to share with you a very touching story of a couple I met at the Memory Care Center.

Henry was a one-of-a-kind type of guy. He came to the Memory Care Center 7 days a week from 3-7. Emma, his wife of over 50 years, was a resident there. Emma had suffered a brain aneurism that had left her totally helpless. Emma seldom spoke, and when she did, you really weren't sure what she was trying to say. I'm not even sure she knew Harry when he came to stay with her each day. One day Harry came up to me just beaming! With a big smile on his face, he said, "Emma said, 'Thank you when I put the pillow in her wheelchair. Miracles do happen!"

Yes, miracles do happen, and that day the simple words, "Thank you," were miracle words to Harry.

No comments: