Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Sisters

by Kay Heitsch

Over the years, I have met some fascinating people. Two of the most interesting were two elderly sisters who lived in Dover. I'm not really sure how I became acquainted with them, to be honest, but their way of talking about people inspired me.

It was always a pleasure to visit these two sisters. Just being greeted at the door was a joy. I remember well how happy they were when I came to visit. I always heard about the people who had been there before me. Each and every person was talked about positively. The conversation would go something like this, "Oh Kay, so and so was here yesterday. She is just the " salt of the earth," isn't she, sister?" The other sister would reply, "Oh yes, she is! Kay, you just can't believe how wonderful so and so is." I never heard these two sisters say a negative word about anyone. NEVER!

I understood why these two had so much company when other people complained that no one cared about them. It was their attitude towards people. I had no doubt when the next person came to visit that they were going to hear how I was the "salt of the earth" and how happy they were that I had stopped by to visit.

What an excellent example these two sisters were to me. I'll be forever grateful that God allowed me to know them.

No comments: