Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Brighten Someone's Day

by Kay Heitsch

It doesn't take much to brighten another person's day.

I was on my way to Ohio when I stopped at a rest area to use the bathroom. As I walked into the bathroom, I notice two women who were keeping the bathrooms and the area cleaned. I smiled and greeted them as I walked in.

As I was about to get in the car, I thought about the cookies I was taking to Dover. I walked back into the building and asked the two ladies if they would like a homemade Grandma Z. cookie. They both said they would, so I walked out and brought the bowl back in and let them take a couple of cookies.

As I was leaving, I thanked them for the fantastic job they did by keeping the rest area cleaned; and let them know how much I appreciated their effort.

The look of surprise and happiness on each of their faces was really something. It didn't take much on my part to brighten their day. I was blessed to be a part of Letting the SON Shine and allowing God to show His LOVE through me that day.

No comments: