Monday, February 10, 2020

You Won't Like The Results

by Kay Heitsch

Have you ever found yourself eating something when you're feeling sad? You know you're not hungry, but somehow eating something makes you feel better.

It's a pity party you're going to. No one is there except you and your sadness. You take another bite and think about the situation. Now that you've eaten, usually, it's not a salad, but something with many calories, you really feel depressed.

This happened to me right after Todd died. I actually found myself standing at the counter in the kitchen eating something high in calories.

To be honest, had I not stopped drinking years before, it would have been alcohol, but this day it was food.

All of a sudden, I had a thought! "Kay, you won't like the results of this behavior." It startled me! I knew, without a doubt, this thought was right on target! I sure wouldn't like the results of overeating or drinking alcohol.

We all have days when we may feel sad about something; I believe it's normal. But feeding those feelings with food or alcohol will give you a result you probably won't like in the long run.

No comments: