Tuesday, January 21, 2020

My Friend Evy

by Kay Heitsch

I would like to share with you about my friend, Evy. As many of you know, Evy is Todd's wife, who I have been asking prayers for.

If you don't know, Todd has given 2/3 of his liver to his friend Dave. We all can see what a selfless act this is.

Evy also is a selfless giver. I'd like to tell you a little about my relationship with her. Evy was a very close friend to my son Todd. In fact, Evy was with Todd the night before he died. After Todd died, Evy came over to our home many times. As a result, we became close friends as well.

I wasn't a Christian when I met Evy. One day she brought over a cassette tape of Michael W. Smith's song "Friends." I was surprised that this Christian music was something I could relate to. I can honestly say that Evy had a big part in my becoming a Christian.

When Evy told me she had met a man she was planning to marry, I was surprised that his name was also Todd. I was honored when Evy and Todd asked me to read 1 Corinthians 13 at their wedding.

Over the years, Evy sent me a rose on the anniversary of Todd's death. Some people forget, but Evy never did.

What Todd did by giving part of his liver to Dave was a unique, selfless act for sure. However, Evy is a selfless giver also.

I have been blessed to know both Evy and Todd.

No comments: