Friday, November 11, 2022

A Coincidence?

By Kay Heitsch

A few days after Todd's funeral, I heard the name Wendy for the first time. It's interesting how a name can keep showing up.
Everyone was shocked when Todd was killed instantly and unexpectedly in a car accident. Our young nephew, Josh, was no exception. He was having difficulty understanding Todd's death, as we all were. However, the morning of Todd's funeral Josh told his mom that "Wendy" told him everything was going to be okay. He didn't need to worry about Todd. Who was "Wendy?"
A few weeks passed, and I cleaned some drawers in Todd's bedroom. I found a book in one of the drawers that Todd had written for a class assignment when he was in the sixth grade. Much to my surprise, Todd referred to "Wendy" as his "Constant Companion." I don't know if this would get your attention, but it sure did get mine.
Was it a coincidence that the Wendy who gave Josh comfort and the Wendy in Todd's book just happened to have the same name? Or could they both be Todd's guardian angel?
This past year, I went through a difficult time. Several times a day, a friend who happens to be named "Wendy" sent me texts to check how I was doing.
A Coincidence? No, I believe in angels. I believe in guardian angels and special angels on earth who happen to have the name Wendy!

No comments: