Friday, November 4, 2022

Never Give Up!

By Kay Heitsch

Wow, last night was a great example of a person never giving up.
I don't follow many baseball games, but I have been halfway watching the Word Series while I do my Sudoku book.
Several times during the games, I heard the announcers say that Justin Verlander, a pitcher, had never won a World Series game.
It's not that Justin isn't a great pitcher; he is. He is going to be given the Cy Young award this year. However, even though he is a great pitcher, he had never been able to win a game in the World Series, even though he had pitched in more than one before.
I watched part of the game last night, and in the 1st inning, he threw a pitch, and a batter got a homerun. So I thought, "Oh, here he goes again! I hope he can get over this mental block he seems to have." But before the game was over, I went to bed.
Much to my surprise this morning, I asked Bill if Justin finally pitched a game where they won, and Bill said he did!
Finally, after all these years, Justin won when he didn't give up!
There ya go! This is a great example that it pays to never give up!

No comments: