Monday, October 17, 2022

When The Time Is Right

By Kay Heitsch

If you have ever had to sell your house, you will understand that keeping it clean and ready to show anytime isn't easy. Unfortunately, I've had to do this several times over the years. One time our house was on the market for over a year.
During this year, many things were happening. My husband, Bill, had started a new job an hour and a half away from home. As a result, we were able to help a homeless mission there. Our daughter, Shannon, was a senior in high school, and she was able to graduate.
During this year, my friend, Ruth Ann, asked me to help her with a teen group at church. We had a lot of fun working with the kids. However, I knew I would, at some point, be moving on. That being so, Ruth Ann and I wanted the church to hire a youth minister. However, not everyone agreed with spending the money to hire a new staff person.
Ruth Ann had clarified to the pastor that we would not be attending business meetings. However, one evening Ruth Ann and I participated in a business meeting to discuss and vote on hiring a youth minister.
I don't know who invited a youth minister from another church, but he was at this business meeting. I was happy to see him. He sat quietly listening until he seemed to sense some tension in the room. Then, suddenly, he spoke up and asked everyone to get in a circle and hold hands. Everyone did as he asked, and he prayed. After his prayer, a vote to hire a youth minister was approved.
I was overwhelmed with joy! I stood up and said, "Well, now I believe my work here is done, and our house will sell! Then I added, but not tomorrow Lord because we're taking the teens to Geauga Lake." I was shocked I was being so outspoken, but the words were out!
Bright and early, the morning after we went to Geauga Lake, I was in bed when the phone rang. Paula, our realtor, was on the phone and asked if she could bring some people over to see the house immediately.
I scrambled my sunburned body out of bed. What's funny is I didn't have time to get everything perfect as I always tried to do. But it was the right time, and these people bought our home.
Our timing isn't always God's timing, but He will make it happen when the right time comes.

No comments: