Monday, September 19, 2022

Meaning and Purpose

By Kay Heitsch

Desire God, and you will have desires from God. ~ God Puts His Desires In Our Hearts Quotes ~
I have found this quote to be accurate in my life. Once I gave my life to the Lord, I desired to do things I would never have thought of. I found that these new desires gave my life meaning and purpose.
I did care about people in the past, but now it was different. I saw people differently. It seemed I could spot hurting people and offer a word of encouragement. I went to nursing homes, homes for troubled teens, homeless shelters, etc. We became foster parents and invited 11 children to live with us. These were opportunities for a time in our lives.
As I got older, my desires changed. I found myself having the urge to write. This was something new, but it brought enjoyment. I never worried or wondered what I'd write. I knew the LORD would help me write whatever He put in my heart.
Today's Bible verses say, Delight yourself in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him, and He will do it. Psalm 37:4&5
When we give ourselves to the LORD, He will put His desires in our hearts. He will not only give us the desire but also help us do whatever He has desired us to do. Now our lives will have meaning and purpose.
Desire God, and you will have desires from God.

No comments: