Friday, May 23, 2014

St Helena Day

by Kay Heitsch

After many years of putting off a project, I decided to "Just Do It." I went down the basement and dug up a big tub full of photos I had taken over the years. I was looking for some graduation party pictures to put back in the photo albums.

As I was looking for the pictures, I found several photos I'd forgotten I'd taken. I smiled as I recalled some extraordinary people and memories. One picture was of my friend, Maria, and her mom, Helena. Helena had passed on several years before. I decided to just take a picture of this picture on my phone and send it to Maria.

Imagine my surprise when I got this text back from Maria. "Thanks, Kay. Today is my mother's "name day." St Helena's day. I feel like I just got a message from her as well as you. xoxoxo See, God uses you in so many ways. :)"

No comments: