Thursday, April 9, 2015

A Simple Act of Kindness

by Kay Heitsch

When I walked into Planet Fitness, I was excited to see what the experience would bring. I've joined several fitness places over the years. I'm still friends with several people from Valley Tan and Fitness in Ohio, so I had a good idea I would make new friends at PF as well.

I've met some fascinating people at Planet Fitness. Everyone has a story, and it's been heartwarming and sometimes sad to hear them. I've felt blessed to be able to share my story, a hug, or maybe just a smile with several people there.

A couple of months ago, I had a phone call from a new friend, Kathy, I had met at Planet Fitness. From talking with Kathy a lot walking on the treadmill or the Arc, I felt she may be encouraged by some CDs and books from Joyce Meyer. I even shared some of Dr. Peale's booklets. I started to bring a few CDs or books in at a time and give them to her. I told Kathy to pass them along when she was finished when she asked if I wanted them back.

In this phone call, Kathy told me she had been listening to these CD's and had passed them along to her ex-sister-in-law. Much to my delight, Kathy shared her ex-sister-in-law also read these books and listened to the CDs. An added blessing she had given her life to the Lord and had been baptized! WOW!

I've never met Kathy's ex-sister-in-law, but I know I will if not here on earth, we will meet in Heaven.

No comments: