Monday, December 4, 2023

Cabbage Patch Dolls

By Kay Heitsch (Funny Story)

Do you remember "Cabbage Patch" dolls? Years ago, those dolls were a big rage. Everyone wanted one, and the stores could not keep them in stock.
To get a doll, people were given a "rain check" they could use when a new supply came in. Even though Bill, my husband, was the General Store Manager of K-Mart, I did not get any special treatment.
I stood with my rain check, waiting to get a Cabbage Patch doll with everyone else. Listening to people whine and complain while waiting for their dolls was interesting.
Finally, I couldn't stand it anymore, so I added to the conversation. With a straight face, shaking my head in disbelief, I spoke up, "You'll never believe this, but I actually slept with the manager of this store, and I'm still standing in line!" You could have heard a pin drop!

No comments: