Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The Voice

by Kay Heitsch

Today my sister-in-law, Julie, sent me a Bible verse I have read many times before. "My sheep hear My voice." John 10:27 As I was sending her a response, I thought about something that happened many years ago.

I was home alone and in the bathroom doing my hair when I heard someone call my name 3 times. I wasn't startled but walked out of the bathroom, looking to see who was calling each time. I saw no one. Then the phone rang. When I answered the phone, I found it was Dr. Norman V. Peale's office calling. They were asking me if they had my permission to publish the letter I had written Dr. Peale. As most of you know, Dr. Peale's office gave this letter a title, "In Loving Memory of Todd." Anyone who knows me very well knows all the beautiful things from that letter being published.

I thought after reading Julie's text maybe this was the Lord's voice I heard. Just perhaps He was letting me know that He was ready to start something extraordinary, and it took me all these years to figure it out.

No comments: