Monday, January 11, 2016

Where's Mary?

by Kay Heitsch

This morning I got on FB and noticed that my friend Mary's account had been deactivated. I felt sad, and tears filled my eyes. Now, this may seem odd to some of you, but anyone who knows me well will understand.

I've moved around a lot in my life. I make new friends wherever I go. When I got on FB, it was right up my alley. I played Farm Town and met Mary there. If you've never played the game, you don't know this, but you can actually chat with people from all over the world. I've met some beautiful people playing that game.

I got used to seeing Mary's name on my posts. I no longer play Farm Town, but on occasion, Mary and I still would chat. If I had trouble thinking of a Bible text to go with a post, I'd send her an IM. Mary usually had a good text I could use.

I don't know why Mary is not on FB anymore. I know she was having some severe health problems, though.

I knew I would probably never see Mary on this earth, but I know I'll see her in Heaven. What a reunion this will be to finally see people I have never met in person here and to give them a BIG HUG in Heaven!

No comments: