Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Coloring Book

by Kay Heitsch

Have you ever thought about something you would like to have but never mentioned it to anyone?
Ever since I was a little girl, I liked to color. I didn't always use a coloring book, but I would make designs on paper and color the different sections.

I'd heard of adult coloring books, but I never saw one. I'd noticed on FB someone sharing about places you could go to download coloring sheets for adults. This sounded interesting. However, I dismissed the idea.

This Christmas, I was shocked, and tears filled my eyes when Shannon, our daughter, gave me an adult coloring book. Everyone was cracking up when through my tears, I said, "Oh, this is what I've always wanted!"

Pretty obvious no one knew I wanted an adult coloring book, but God did. This may sound odd to some of you, but the Bible text, "Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4 NIV came to my mind. This Bible text was accurate for me this Christmas.

No comments: