Saturday, November 14, 2015

Comfort Zone

by Kay Heitsch

I've met some fascinating people in my life. Each person has a story, and I've learned so much by listening to them.

The other day I was talking to a guy at Planet Fitness. Jim* shared with me a few things about his life that were pretty surprising. However, what stood out to me the most was what happened to him after a heart attack.

Jim shared how after the heart attack, he saw life in a whole different way. He said that even 'small things' he saw brought joy to his heart. He noticed things he never even paid any attention to in the past. Isn't it amazing to see how something like a heart attack can open someone's eyes?

I, too, remember how I saw life totally different after Todd died. It seems strange, but somehow when we are taken out of our comfort zones, we start to see life in a whole new way.

I don't like to be taken out of my comfort zone, but I've learned that even when I am, God has a way to open my eyes to things I had never noticed before.

*Not real name

No comments: