Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I Feel Good

by Kay Heitsch

Isn't it odd how we take good health for granted until we get sick?

Most people know I'm usually on the go and feel really good, but this last week on Thursday, I came down with a cold and nasty cough. I was almost ticked off that I got sick as I feel like I take pretty good care of myself. I exercise, drink a lot of water, and get sleep. But lo and behold, I got sick.

I was down, and I mean down. I started to take some cold meds, and I'm sure that was the main reason I felt so tired. I would get out of bed and lie right back down on the couch.

Well, praise the Lord, here it is Tuesday, and I almost feel like myself again. I didn't know how bad I felt until I see how good I feel today. I was actually happy to clean the house, do the laundry, and strip the bed. I was even dancing to the song "Old Time Rock and Roll" last night on The Voice.

Sometimes I think it takes something to put us down to show us how good we actually have it.

Thank you, Lord. I'm feeling better!

No comments: