Thursday, September 17, 2015

Just Go

by Kay Heitsch

When our daughter asked if I could come and watch our two little grandsons, Noah, age 6, and Eli, age 4, I was happy to help. We live several hours away, so it's a treat to visit and spend some time with them.

However, I woke up the day before having a terrible UTI. If anyone has ever had one of these, you know it's not fun. I drank a lot of water and called the doctor's office to see if they would call in an RX to take with me. To my disappointment, they would not. The doctor said to just take AZO pills and drink cranberry juice. They told me I should call when I got back if I still had the issue.

I debated on whether I should even start out, let alone babysit for a week. I decided I would do as the doctor said and just go on my trip. I started out taking the AZO pills and drinking water/cranberry juice on the trip. I stopped at all the rest areas along the way.

My week with my grandsons was a real blessing. I had taken some Bible storybooks and other books on children's prayers the time before. I'd read these books to both of the boys while I was there. Much to my surprise Eli the four-year-old, remembered all of the stories. He even remembered the good night prayer. I was so delighted to hear him tell me the stories and say the prayer every night and even before his nap.

I took the pills and drank the cranberry juice the whole time I was visiting. I really didn't want to take any antibiotics, but I sure didn't want this to go into something more serious. The infection got worse before it got better, but it was almost gone by the time I got home. I was very thankful!

I was also very thankful I did just go and visit even though I wasn't feeling the best. I know my time reading the Bible stories will have a lasting impression on my grandsons.

No comments: