Thursday, June 25, 2015

Overheard Conversation

by Kay Heitsch

As I got out of the car at the rest area, I noticed a couple talking while smoking cigarettes. At first, I'll admit I kinda had an attitude about them smoking. It ran across my mind, "Why would anyone still be smoking knowing how terrible it is for your health." As I approached them, I couldn't help but overhear what they were talking about. The woman said to the guy how she felt they should trust the Lord to bring divine connections into some person's life.

I stopped cold in my tracks. I was shocked to overhear these words. Hadn't I just been praying in the car right before I quit that the Lord would bring divine connections also into my children's lives? I didn't hold back but told them I had been praying for the exact same thing in the car before I stopped. I'll say they were as surprised as I was. We knew God was in control!

I believe the Lord arranged for me to stop at just the right time to meet these people. I also believe that He will bring divine connections into the lives of those we love too.

No comments: