Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Do You Remember My Name?

by Kay Heitsch

Do you remember my name? I have been asked this question at Planet Fitness. I don't think we realize how important remembering a person's name is. Sometimes I do remember, but I'll admit, sometimes I don't. This week on the PF Facebook page, I noticed some girl thanked the staff for remembering her name.

Last year I started to keep a memo in my phone where I put names of people at Planet Fitness. I jot something next to the person's name to help me remember who they are. I have seen some big smiles from people when I actually call them by name.

I'm reminded that God has our names written in the palm of His hand in Isaiah 49:16. See, "I have written your name on the palms of my hands." This Bible text makes me smile, knowing that God knows my name and He also knows yours.

No comments: