Monday, March 14, 2016

Change

by Kay Heitsch

I seldom know what I'm going to post every morning on Facebook. Today I thought about "Change." Really, I was thinking about the change of seasons from Winter to Spring. When I started to read the quotes on 'change,' my thoughts went in another direction.

The following quote hit home for me. "One reason people resist change is because they focus on what they have to give up, instead of what they have to gain."

This was true for me. I knew I needed change in my life, but I was familiar with the old. We may know something isn't right, but we get used to it. We're more afraid of change and what we may need to give up than what we'll gain if we do.

I can say I have been pleasantly surprised, and I mean amazed, to find out what I've gained from 'change' has been over and above what I gave up.

I can't say I've changed myself, but I can say that as I've allowed God to change me, it's been for the better, by far. My thoughts have changed for the positive by studying the Bible. Until I started to study the Bible, I never knew what a life-changing book it was. The Bible instructs a person on having a positive, abundant life right here on earth.

When I started to study the Bible, I was afraid of what I may need to give up. I was surprised that the very things I was instructed to give up, like worry, anger, hate, unforgiveness, etc., etc., were the same things that kept me from a great life.

Change can be a beautiful thing. Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

No comments: