Saturday, February 27, 2016

No Greater Love

by Kay Heitsch

Today I posted my latest coloring page with the text, "There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends." John 15:13 As strange as this may seem, this text changed my life forever.

I hadn't even picked up a Bible in over 20 years when I came on this text. A young friend had called asking me a question I could not answer. That's when I found a Bible and prayed in my heart for an answer.

I opened the Bible, and this is the text that I read. It hit me right away! Somehow I knew this was the answer to her question...and it was!

From reading this text, I started to see that the Bible could actually speak to any need I had. It became alive to me that day, and it has from that day on.

Do I know the actual intent of this text and what it REALLY meant when it was written? Yes, I do. Jesus laid down His life for us! But if you think about it in our everyday life, anyone who lays down their life for another person gives them a great gift.

I am thankful that I was guided to this text many, many years ago. It opened my eyes in a way that has changed my thinking and my life forever.

No comments: