Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentine's Day

by Kay Heitsch

I don't know about you, but I remember Valentine's Day when I was a child with much delight when I went to public school. We were given instructions to decorate a box. I usually used a shoebox. We were to bring a valentine's card for every student in the classroom. No one was to be left out!

I couldn't wait to see what kinds of Valentine Cards the local stores were selling. It was so much fun to pick just the right style.

I started to decorate my box early. The night before the big party at school, I would check out each card and decide who I would give them. I always had a boyfriend in the class. I know no one is surprised at that! Lord knows if he ever knew, but let's just say, he got the best card.
I so enjoyed the party at school. I came ready to pass out my cards, as did everyone else. I loved getting the candy hearts and usually a heart-shaped cookie with a drink.

I don't know if children still participate in Valentine's Day parties, but I hope they do. This was an extraordinary memory of mine.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! I hope you'll think back on some special memory and SMILE!

No comments: