Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Life

by Kay Heitsch

Today I thought about a poem I heard many years ago. It went something like this. Only one life will soon be passed. Only what's done for Christ will last.

I think this poem has a point. "Only one life it will soon be past." Our life here is but a breath, according to the Bible. Here today and gone tomorrow. We never know when our last day maybe. I sure didn't see the day our son Todd (16) walked out the back door that it was his last. Life can happen very quickly.

Now the line, "Only what's done for Christ will last." I believe this is also true. The Bible talks about casting our crowns before Him when we get to Heaven. Why would people do that? Could it be they know that whatever good they did on this earth, they only did by allowing Christ's Spirit to work through them?

No comments: