Sunday, December 6, 2020

Under His Wings

by Kay Heitsch

A couple of months before Todd died in a car accident, my Aunt Carmelita sent me a Christian cassette tape. I found it odd because I was not a Christian, nor did I like Christian music. However, since I loved Aunt Carmel, I thought I'd listen to it.

There was a song on this cassette tape that got my attention. It was called "Under His Wings." When I was asked if I wanted any music played at Todd's funeral, I chose this song and one other one.
Later I found a Bible verse that says, "He will cover you with His wings; you will be safe in His care; His faithfulness will protect and defend you." Psalm 91:4 GNT

When I saw this Bible verse, I thought about this song, Under His Wings.

I cannot count the times I have run to God for His protection. I have felt His love, comfort, and presence surrounding me like wings each time I have.

No comments: