Tuesday, June 16, 2020

No Coincidence

by Kay Heitsch

When I wrote out today's prayer on FB using the words, "Shelter in Your love, and peace in Your protection," I thought back on an old hymn I had played at Todd's funeral.

I wasn't a Christian at the time of Todd's unexpected death in a car accident. At Todd's calling hours, I asked that no religious music be played.

However, at the funeral, much to my surprise, I chose two hymns that were played. One was "Under His Wings," and the other "Because He Lives."

Anyone who knows the words to these two songs will surely see that it was no coincidence that I was guided to choose these hymns.

The words to these two songs gave me hope then and even more today. I somehow understood that because He lives, I could face tomorrow. Deep down, I knew I could trust Him.

Choosing those songs was no coincidence. I know today even more that I can shelter in God's love, and I have peace in His protection.

No comments: