Thursday, April 16, 2020

Trust God With The Details

by Kay Heitsch

Many years ago, I was in a situation where I didn't know what to do. It was serious, and I knew things needed to change.

I was a new Christian at the time. Every day, I would go into our bedroom and kneel down and pray. I didn't know exactly what to pray, so I just said, "Lord, I put this situation in Your hands."
Now I won't say I didn't have some ideas in my mind about what would be a good thing to do. But for some reason, I didn't try to suggest to God what He should do.

How God took care of the details in this situation was mind-blowing. I was shocked! God's way was absolutely nothing I would have ever dreamed of.

This Bible verse came to mind. “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine." Isaiah 55:8
I still need to remind myself to trust God with the details when I pray. When I do trust God with the details, it has saved me a lot of worries.

No comments: