Thursday, June 25, 2020

A Little Bit of Encouragement

by Kay Heitsch

Very early this morning, I was sitting outside on the porch. I had hot rollers in my hair, and I was drinking coffee. I really wasn't expecting to see anyone.

As I was listening to the birds in the quiet of the morning, I thought, "I sure could use some encouragement, Lord."

As I was rocking in the chair, I saw a couple come walking towards me in the street. To be honest, I was kinda hoping this couple wouldn't notice me sitting on the porch with the rollers in my hair, but they did!

As they were walking by, the lady turned back and looked at me sitting on the porch. In a sweet, cheery voice, she said, "God bless you!"

This stranger's simple words, "God bless you," was just the little bit of encouragement I needed. Thank you, Lord.

No comments: