Friday, December 4, 2020

Who's Laughing Now

by Kay Heitsch

As most people know, our son Todd was killed instantly as a result of a car accident. Todd's death has had a profound impact on my life.
Since Todd's death, I've experienced many emotions. One day, in particular, I was alone in the house. I felt intense anger! I remember screaming and swearing in frustration about something.

Immediately, I had a flash of insight. It was odd, but I somehow knew my enemy was laughing. Now I was really ticked off but in a good way. I thought of a plan.
Today I found a Bible verse I had never read before. "Do not gloat over me, my enemies! For though I fall, I will rise again. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light." Micah 7:8 NLT

When I realized my enemies were laughing at my anger and depression, I decided to rise out of my darkness. I asked the LORD to help me to bring good out of Todd's death. I'm happy to report that the LORD certainly has.

Who's laughing now!

No comments: