Wednesday, January 13, 2021

The Best Plan for You

by Kay Heitsch

How many times do we look at someone else's life and think we need to do what they are doing? Somehow, we figure if we did what they were doing, we would have the same result.

Years ago, I visited a nursing home once a week. I would pass out candy and hugs. My friend, Betty, knew I was going to this nursing home, and she said, "I think maybe I should do what you are doing. But I don't like going to nursing homes. I feel uncomfortable."
For some reason, Betty thought since I enjoyed going to this nursing home, she should do it too.
We don't all enjoy doing the same things. What one person does and seems to have a gift for is not something we may want. That's fine. We are not called to do what someone else is doing.

I love this Bible verse. The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you." Psalms 32:8.

The Lord will guide us along the best pathway for our life. He will advise us and watch over us. God has a personal plan for our lives. We don't all have to do what someone else is doing to have a great life. God will guide, advise, and watch over each of us.

No comments: