Monday, January 4, 2021

Living an Abundant Life

 by Kay Heitsch

Life is a one-time offer. Use it well. ~Live a Great Life Quotes ~

I had never heard of living an abundant life until I read books by Dr. Norman V. Peale. Dr. Peale talked a lot about living and overcoming life. I was fascinated when I learned I could live this life right here on earth. I wanted this life! But I didn't understand how. It took me some time to understand, but I didn't give up.

Interestingly, I didn't have an interest in the Bible or God. However, as I read Dr. Peale's books, I was beginning to see how living an abundant life was directly related to the Bible. I was shocked!

I bought a Bible and started to highlight verses that seemed to speak directly to me. One particular verse spoke about this abundant life. It said, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." John 10:10 NLT

How much of my life had I allowed the thief to steal through worry, fear, and dread? Let's just say plenty! Now I could see that Jesus not only came to give me eternal life, but He came so I could have an abundant life right here on earth.

I'll admit, there are times when I still allow the thief to kill, steal, and destroy my life through wrong thinking. But I haven't given up! Because of this verse, I know that Jesus wants me to live an abundant life. I want to live the life that Jesus died to give me.

No comments: