Monday, December 7, 2020

Joy & Happiness

by Kay Heitsch

Many years ago, I started to give a small gift of homemade cookies and candy to our mail carrier and the men who picked up our trash at Christmastime.
One week before Christmas, I was at church when a lady walked up to me that I didn't know. I was surprised to find out that she was actually our mail carrier. She expressed to me how much she appreciated being remembered at Christmastime. I felt happy that I was able to give her some joy.

Today, I put some homemade candy and cookies out for the recycle and trash guys. When I heard the trucks coming down the street, I watched from our upstairs window while they got out of the trucks to pick up their treats. After putting the goodies in their trucks, they brought our cans back up the driveway and honked the horn. I smiled and felt joy at their kindness. I knew they were happy with their Christmas treats.

Giving an unexpected gift to someone is a way to show God's love. When we show God's love, we find joy and happiness ourselves.

No comments: