Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Merry Christmas, Todd

by Kay Heitsch

Well, Todd, it's Christmastime again. It doesn't seem possible that you have been gone for so many years.
I'll admit, Christmas has not been the same since you have been gone. When we all get together, I often look around and wonder what it would be like if you were still here. I can see you laughing and joking. I know Noah and Eli would love you.
Every year, I still hang your Christmas stocking up that Aunt Kathy made you. I put your stocking, with your name on it, right in the middle of all of ours.
We don't have the old Christmas tree anymore. However, I did make night lights out of the bubble lights. I've given many away as gifts. I made a little memory tree using some of the ornaments we had on the old tree.
Keeping with our Christmas tradition, I still make most of the same things I made when you were here. I make the peanut butter chocolate candy. Joe has given this candy a name now. Crack! The Kiss and Snowball cookies are still a hit. Of course, you won't forget the party mix! If you can believe it, I still use the same bowl to make the dip and crackers we enjoy on Christmas Eve.

So much has changed since you've been gone. But I try to keep some of our Christmas traditions going.
Your grave is decorated for Christmas. It's not much, but I hope you know how much you are loved.
Merry Christmas in Heaven, Todd.

I will love you forever, Mom.

No comments: