Monday, December 14, 2020

Take a Deep Breath and Enjoy Life

by Kay Heitsch

A couple of years ago, I was given an antibiotic that almost did me in. One of the many side effects was I could not take a deep breath. Several times a day, I would go outside and try to fill my lungs with fresh air. However, for numerous days I could only take shallow breaths that hurt.
One day, I had this thought, "I will never take being able to take a deep breathe for granted again!" It's interesting what we take for granted. Taking a deep breath doesn't seem like a big deal until you can't do it.
I read a quote that said, "What we take for granted someone else is praying for." How true that is.
Let's think about what we take for granted, even taking a deep breath, for example. If you can take a deep breath, enjoy your life to the fullest!
Take a deep breath and enjoy life!

No comments: