Tuesday, December 8, 2020

I Have So Much to Do

by Kay Heitsch

Many years ago, our family welcomed 11 children into our home. There was a time when we had 2 teenagers, 4 grade-schoolers, and one infant in our home. Needless to say, I was swamped cooking, cleaning, doing a lot of laundries, etc., etc., etc. There was so much to do that I didn't know how I would get it all done.

During this time, I read something that Martin Luther said, "I have so much to do I must spend the first 3 hours in prayer." Now I didn't spend 3 hours in prayer, but I did spend quiet, alone time with the Lord!
Every morning when I got up before everyone else and spent quiet time with the LORD, the day seemed to run smoothly. I was able to get more accomplished than I thought possible.
Our Bible verse says, "But those who wait upon the LORD will renew their strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

This Bible verse was true for me. When I spent time with the LORD, I renewed my strength. I was able to accomplish more than I thought possible.

Sometimes you must stand still to get moving to where God wants you to go.

No comments: