Saturday, January 9, 2021

Why This Verse?

by Kay Heitsch

Today, I chose a verse from the Bible that may seem odd to some people because of the difficult time we are living in. I chose this verse because it helped me to understand I could choose to be happy, even in the most challenging times in our lives.

You see, at the time, our 16-year-old son had recently been killed in a car accident. I knew I wanted to move forward, but I wasn't going to if I didn't change my thinking.

Here is the Bible verse I typed out and put on the refrigerator. "This is the day which the LORD has made; let's rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24 NASB

Did I feel like rejoicing? No, I did not! But to be strong and keep healthy mentally, physically, and spiritually I needed to choose to rejoice in each day.

Yes, we are going through some difficult times. Let's stay strong by choosing to rejoice and be glad in each day the Lord has made.

No comments: