Friday, October 15, 2021

What If?

by Kay Heitsch

When one of your children dies instantly in a car accident, many fears and worries go through your mind. I remember well the feeling of not wanting my other two children out of my sight.
Right away, I wondered how I would deal with the idea of Shannon and Brandon wanting to drive. The words "What if?" would come to my mind.
Once I turned my life over to the LORD, these worries became less and less. I started to remember how the LORD saw me through Todd's untimely death. I saw how good things came out of this horrible life experience. Deep within my spirit, I knew I could trust the LORD to take care of me no matter what life brought.
Both Shannon and Brandon got their driver's licenses. I'm so happy I turned my worries and fears over to the LORD and didn't put them on my children.
There are a lot of "What if's?" in life. Like the Bible says, "They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the LORD to care for them." Psalm 112:7 NLT
Keeping our focus on the LORD, knowing He cares for us, will free us from the worry of the "What If's" in life.

No comments: