Tuesday, February 7, 2023

I Want What They Have

By Kay Heitsch

God will meet you where you are to take you where He wants you to go. ~ God Will Teach You Quotes
I was not a Christian when Todd died. I don't know what I considered myself, but I knew I wanted nothing to do with religion.
Many years before Todd's death, I started reading some books by Dr. Norman V. Peale. Dr. Peale told stories about people with tremendous faith and love for the Lord. Their lives were completely different from anyone I knew. I wanted that kind of life!
After Todd died, I bought myself a Bible. I figured I'd buy a Bible and study it to see if I could find what these people had. Plus, I had some questions I needed answered. God met me where I was. The more I studied, the more I learned. I was learning how to live an overcoming life depending on the Lord.
As I continued studying, I started to develop a personal relationship with the author of the Bible. Finally, I could see how it was all connected. Slowly, I was beginning to understand how these people Dr. Peale talked about lived their lives of faith and love.
God met me where I was, and eventually, I found what these people had that I wanted. What I learned was these people had a personal relationship with the Lord. So now I have that too, and my life has never been the same.

No comments: