Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Do You Trust Me?

by Kay Heitsch

"Do You Trust Me?" I have heard those words in my mind more times than I can count. I'd like to say I have always said, "Yes, Lord, I trust You." but I know that would not be entirely true. It's hard sometimes to just trust.

Over the years, we've all been hurt by people we have trusted. We've thought we knew them and found out we really didn't. It hurts!

I've found if I want peace and joy in my everyday life, I need to trust the Lord and not people. There's a Bible text in Psalms I found that has helped me. It reads, "It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man." Psalm 118:8 KJV We may find that some people are not trustworthy, and they disappoint us.

But I have found that when I trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not unto my own understanding (see Proverbs 3:5), I am filled with peace, joy, and love. Now that's much better than stress, worry, and fear.

I have hope. I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.

No comments: