Sunday, January 31, 2021

I Wondered Why

by Kay Heitsch

After doing some shoveling today, I decided to take a little walk around our neighborhood. As I was walking past a neighbor's home, I noticed the ramp outside their front door. I wondered why.
I kept walking when I saw a woman and a little girl walking towards me. As we walked closer, we recognized each other. It was my neighbor, Jen, who had the ramp in front of her home.
I was so happy to see her. We hadn't seen each other in a long time. Many years before, we had actually worked together in the same facility. I asked Jen why they had the ramp going into her home.
Much to my surprise, Jen told me her husband had had a stroke. I was shocked as they both were young enough to be my children.
We started to chat. I mentioned how Todd would be around her husband's age. Jen said she didn't know anything about Todd. This gave me a perfect opportunity to share how God had brought many positive things out of Todd's death.
We gave each other an air hug, and we were on our way. I was almost home when she drove by. Jen stopped and thanked me for the chat. I told her I would bring her over the book, Have A Great Day-Every Day! by Norman V. Peale with my story in it.
I wondered why the ramp. Now I know why I decided to take a little walk. God gave me another opportunity to share His love.

No comments: