Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Let the SON Shine!

by Kay Heitsch

When I gave my life to the Lord, I asked Him to please bring something positive out of our son Todd's death. It's interesting to see how God used the words, "Let the SON Shine!" to do that!

Todd died in a car accident on a Saturday. To replace a negative with a positive, I began sending out encouraging emails on Saturday. I gave them the title, Let the SON Shine!
When I started on Facebook, I began playing a game called Farm Town. I met some beautiful people playing this game. I gave my farm the name, Let the SON Shine! Not everyone understood the meaning of the word. Several people thought I had spelled SON wrong. This misunderstanding allowed me to share my testimony.
Our youngest son Brandon helped me to start this blog where I could write, store, and share the unique experiences God has given me. As we know, I called this blog, Let the SON Shine! I've had the opportunity to use my blog to share many stories of how God has brought positive things out of Todd's death.

A couple of months after Todd's death, an ad was in the local newspaper asking people to become Boosters for area children. With my husband Bill's encouragement, we became Boosters to several children who needed a positive influence in their lives. When I was asked when I wanted to pick up our first child, I replied, "Saturday at 1:00." I believed this was the time Todd had died. Picking Ricky up when I thought Todd died gave me another opportunity to bring something positive out of Todd's death and Let the SON Shine!

Every day I post inspirational devotionals on Facebook and on Kay's Insights 4 Living. These are other ways God has brought something positive out of Todd's death, and I can Let the SON Shine!

No comments: