Monday, October 18, 2021

Lone Survivor

by Kay Heitsch

Today I learned that General Colin Powell has died. I send my condolences to his family.
In 1991 General Powell, Angel Wallenda, and I were given the Norman Vincent Peale Award in Atlanta, GA. It was an honor to be given this award with these two outstanding people.
I met Angel. She had cancer and had to have her leg and part of her lung amputated, but cancer didn't stop her. She still learned to walk the wire again. Angel died in 1996.
General Powell couldn't attend the awards ceremony, so I couldn't meet him in person. However, I admired General Powell and was proud that we received the same award.
Today Bill said, "Well, you're the lone survivor" when he heard General Powell had died. When he said this, it caused me to remember Angel and General Powell.
We never know what our journey in life will bring. However, if we live in a relationship with the LORD, He will help us live the positive and abundant life that Jesus died to give us.

No comments: