Monday, January 18, 2016

Stick With Love

by Kay Heitsch

Today I posted a quote on FB from Martin Luther King Jr. This quote read, "I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." with the Bible verse, "But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you," Matthew 5:44 NIV.

As with many of you, I've had some so-called "enemies" over the years. You know, people who choose to not like you for one reason or another. These people tend to lie or bend the truth to fit their agenda. They want to believe something negative about you instead of getting to really know you personally.

It's hard to choose to "love" these people as the Bible says we should do for our own good and freedom. Martin Luther King Jr. came to understand, as I finally did myself, that hate was too great of a burden to bear, and love was the way to go.

When we hate and hold on to these negative emotions, they are tough to bear. But when we choose to stick with love, we're free.

I'm thankful I can choose to be free and stick with love!

No comments: