Friday, April 1, 2016

Enjoying Daily Chores

by Kay Heitsch

Yesterday at Planet Fitness, John said something that got my attention. He said, "Kay, the way some people view work we see as another way to exercise." You know that is precisely how I think.

Whenever I shovel, mow, clean, or anything else that some people consider work, I view it as exercise. I don't know when I started to think like this, but it has helped me enjoy my everyday life more.

I don't always 'feel' like shoveling, but when I think of the benefits, it makes it much more enjoyable. When work needs to be done, I always think about the calories I will be burning.

I feel great almost every day! I attribute this to my personal time with the Lord, plus my attitude towards any kind of 'work' that I can view as exercise and the benefits I gain.

Life is short, so I aim at enjoying even everyday chores because I know they are helping me live a healthier life.

No comments: