Thursday, October 28, 2021

The Stories

by Kay Heitsch

Last summer, our grandsons Noah and Eli came for a visit. Eli was sleeping in the spare bedroom, where I had a clear plastic container that I kept the stories, etc., I'd written in. Eli wanted to know what all these papers were. So I told him they were stories about what God has done in my life. I said I had written them for Noah and him to read one day. I also said he might want to make a book out of them.
The main reason I wrote these stories out is because of a Bible verse I read. At the time, we didn't have any grandchildren, so this verse seemed to be speaking directly to me. So here's the Bible verse. "Write down for the coming generation what the LORD has done so that people not yet born will praise Him." Psalm 102: 18 GNT
I was sharing this verse with a friend before Noah and Eli were born. Lisa reminded me that the coming generation meant more than just my grandchildren, and I should share these stories with everyone.
I believe this verse is for all of us. We all have stories of what the LORD has done. I think it's essential to write down our stories so people not yet born will praise the LORD.

No comments: