Sunday, February 19, 2023

Step Back! I'm Not Afraid To Use It

By Kay Heitsch

Step back! I have a mustard seed, and I'm not afraid to use it. ~ Believe Quotes ~
I used my mustard seed faith many years ago and wrote a letter to Dr. Norman V. Peale. At the time, I didn't know what a mustard seed faith was, but now I can see I put this small faith into practice.
I did not know who Dr. Peale was when I started to read his books. I was searching for something, but I didn't know what. But later, I found out Dr. Peale was a minister who wrote his books for mostly the unchurched, which I most certainly was.
Dr. Peale wrote about people who had these overcoming lives no matter what they were going through. I thought they were half nuts initially, but I also wanted what they had.
After I gave my life and Todd to the LORD, and He had brought many great things out of Todd's death, I wanted Dr. Peale to know and to thank him for helping me.
I knew Dr. Peale received thousands of letters a day. But somehow, this did not stop me. I now see I was using my mustard seed of faith and wrote him anyway.
I started my letter, "Dear Dr. Peale: I became acquainted with your writing strictly by accident. If I had known you were a minister, I wouldn't have touched your books with a ten-foot pole. I was searching for something. I wasn't sure what."
Well, to make a long story short, Dr. Peale received my letter and printed it. This letter went out to 118 countries in a magazine and was also printed in two books. The rest is history.
I know now if something is the LORD's will for our lives, all we need is a mustard seed of faith and to step out.
We can all say, Step back! I have a mustard seed, and I'm not afraid to use it.

No comments: