Sunday, June 11, 2023

Celebrate Life

By Kay Heitsch

Yesterday was a Celebrating of the Life of my cousin, Judy. It really was a celebration too. Jim, Judy's son, told me no tears; this was a celebration! I believe enough tears were already shed, so it was time to Celebrate Life.
I had never met Jim. We chat on FB often, but we have never met in person. I was really looking forward to seeing him.
We arrived on time, and I saw many people milling around. I was wondering if I could figure out who Jim was. I told him on FB I would be wearing a polka-dot top. Bill noticed a guy hugging a woman in a polka-dot top. He said I bet that's Jim, and he thinks that's you! As I looked the crowd over, several women had polka-dot tops on. I had to smile!
Finally, I decided to ask a couple if they knew who Jim was. Much to my surprise, the guy I asked just happened to be my first cousin I had never met.
Yesterday was indeed a Celebration of Life! It was wonderful to see people I knew and to also meet people I didn't know.
Pere Marquette Bistro and Catering Deb Ahlich-remus did the catering! Deb and her staff did an excellent job! I highly recommend this catering business.
Our Bible verse says. This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 NASB
Yes, today is the day the Lord has made. Let's Celebrate Life every day!



No comments: