Saturday, February 20, 2021

Little RED to the Rescue

by Kay Heitsch

I had finished shoveling our driveway when I noticed our neighbor, who lives on a hill, starting to drive down his. I could see he was way over to the one side. I knew why because a couple of days before, someone had run into his brick mailbox and knocked it over. I figured he didn't want to get too close to it as it was still next to the driveway.

The snow had piled up on the side of the driveway. Between that and the snowplow dumping snow in the driveway, Sam got stuck. I saw him shoveling like mad as he must have been late to open his store.
Hearing the tires spinning, his wife came out to help. Since they are Korean, she's on the small side. I thought Little RED shovel, and I better go over and see if she could use some help.

We both were shoveling with earnest. In between, we would stop and try to push the van out of the bank. No luck! Finally, we gave it one more try, and we pushed it out! Yay!

I had to smile because I'm only 5'1" myself. Here we were, two little ladies pushing a big RED van out of a snowbank. Women power!


No comments: